Triplets Sewing Challenge: Collars and Cuffs




Myself, Allie and Catherine decided to do a little sewing link up and create a classic 60s dress with white collar and cuffs. We could use any fabric and pattern we wanted so I decided to recreate the tartan dress that I made in late 2013.


I'm really into quite plain, classic tailoring at the moment which is why I went for a simple design. I used a wool/polyester mix fabric and some white cotton for the collar and cuffs. This dress didn't go exactly to plan and I had a bit of an issue with fitting. I managed to salvage the dress a little bit by removing the darts at the back so it is now wearable, although not perfect. I had a similar problem with the tartan dress but complete forgot about it until I started making this one and by the time I realised the damage had already been done! One day I will perfect my long sleeved dress pattern but for now this will have to do (it also looks like I haven't pressed the collar in these pictures - oops! the weather is terrible over here right now which isn't great for picture taking).

I'm looking forward to seeing Cat and Allie's creations! Head on over to their blogs to see what they made.

x


6 comments

  1. Hi, dear Sarah!

    "Hooray for the red, white and blue!" :) I admire your handiwork for the collar and cuffs challenge. The dress you created offers a simple yet pleasing color combination that goes well with your hair and skin tone. You always look smart, Sarah, and it is always a pleasure to see what you've accomplished.

    I'm sorry to learn that you're having nasty weather at the moment. The wind has been howling here in Florida for two weeks and we have been experiencing bouts of rain, but we welcome the cooler temperatures.

    I hope your year is off to a great start, dear friend Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navy and white look lovely on you! I too am really feeling more classic, tailored style recently--I've always had difficulty finding prints that I love and this year I've decided to focus on solid colors but in nice materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it turned our great! all that fuss but you always look perfect! I made boo boos with my dress too and have decided that darts at the back are banned on all dresses cause it just doesn't look right on me. If i have to make changes to a dress I pop a little note in then envelope so future Catherine knows how to make it the right way each time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back. I wish I had your talent with a sewing machine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gor-gee-ooooos! The collar is killing me with all the awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.